Event tip: Practice Day Bioenergy, Wieselburg, Austria, 30.01.2015
Practice Day Bioenergy – Using the Cycle of Nature
Harvesting a poplar field with the Woodcracker harvesting machinery and comprehensive information offered by WESTTech and the research and development partners from Wieselburg Technopol.
10:00-12:00 a.m.: Harvesting demonstration
- Harvesting a poplar field with the Woodcracker harvesting machinery
- Representation of a logistics chain for harvesting, crushing, transporting, and storage
- Information on developing energy wood areas
- Information on and demonstration of the recultivation of energy wood areas
- Possibilities for utilizing the harvested crops
- Exhibition and company presentations
starting at 12:30 p.m.: Panel of experts discussing the Practice Day
The event review
Visiting Energy Wood Areas in Lower Austria, 2015 Despite heavy snow, a considerable number of those interested in energy wood gathered at the Practice Day Bioenergy in Wieselberg.
A sample poplar energy wood area demonstrated was developed just 5 years ago with three different poplar clones – the Italian AF2 and AF8, and the local Max 4.
The growth can be surely estimated as above average, and both the soil quality and water supply satisfy the poplars used very well.
On an improvised stage, the exhibiting companies and the area owner had their chances to speak.
Below are a few pictures of the event:
These two short videos give a good insight into the energy forest work:
The excavator with a felling-bunching device at harvesting an energy-wood short rotation
Recultivation of energy forest with a soil cutter / rotary tiller
TFZ – Technologie- und Forschungszentrum Wieselburg-Land, Gewerbepark Haag 3, 320 Wieselburg-Land